Tuesday 4 March 2014

Born Righteous

1 John 2:28 - 3:10

March 3 - March 10, 2014

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has passed away and behold the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)  What a wonderful thought.  Having been born of God (see John 3:1-15), I am no longer bound by the sinful desires that once ruled me.  I have been born of God and I am now His child.  I was born to be righteous, so now it is a matter of practicing who I have already been created to be.   What an encouragement and motivation it is to know that I am becoming that which God has created me to be in Christ Jesus.  We all get to practice who we are by putting off the old self with all of its chains and sin and putting on the new self as children of the King.

Enjoy this week as you practice righteousness, knowing that you have been recreated (born) in His image.

May the Lord bless you and give you grace as you follow after Him,
Geoff 

No comments:

Post a Comment